Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The latest review...

Mahko's Knife has just received another review. I really hope more readers will review the book and let me know how they feel.


"Mahko's Knife is a rip-snorting adventure story - set in the American southwest and Mexico. The characters are common to the adventure genre - the Indian who honed his Native American skills in the military, the lawyer who found corruption to be more than he could endure, the sleazy district attorney, and the gangster trying to move up in the world of crime.

However, O'Dowd takes all of the characters and puts a slight twist on them to make them a bit harder to recognize. The Indian hides up in the moutains, confounding the army and the police, but he teaches his son his skills on the weekends. The lawyer retires to a country store. The gangster uses a kidnapping to try to get his own way - without even knowing if the ploy will be made known to the person he is trying to influence.

There is a lot of violence in the story - all of which I found to be essential to the plot. However, some of the scenes are not for the faint of heart.

I liked the plot, I liked the characters, and I especially liked the fast pace of the book. I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a great evening's entertainment."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome strong opinions, but have the courage of your convictions. I will not post anonymous comments.